Wednesday, May 9, 2012

About me

Hello, my name is Myra. 

My goal (my dream) is to visit all the parts of the world that intrigue me. In five years I intend to go to one favorite location. One dream trip is to go on a safari with my family in breathtaking Africa to see all of Africa’s splendor—people, panorama, and animals. I just love, love, love nature! We live in a magnificent world full of beautiful people!

I would like to visit the Vatican City and tour Rome for two weeks with my family. I would tour the various museums and ancient churches for their magnificent art and architecture, and rich history. On my list of plenty are St. Peter’s Basilica tombs, chapels, beautiful altars, and the statues of the founding saints; the Colosseum where gladiators turned fear into valor; and the Pantheon—former temple of gods that became a church with hundreds of tombs. I just want to immerse myself in Rome’s grandeur! Maybe another five to ten years later I’ll tour other parts of Italy and then make my way to beautiful Greece—full of history and the most beautiful landscapes!

My most favorite place to be is on a secluded beach where I can have the best of all worlds: the beautiful sands with rocks and foliage full of secret hideouts with marine creatures; lush palms and mangroves with leaves and branches that sing in the winds; the beautiful clear, blue sky or the dark night speckled with blinking stars; and the breathtaking waters—calm and shimmering under the sun or moon, wild with raging waves, or freckled with raindrops from an unexpected rainfall. The ocean is full of truly awesome species in this world! I love exploring the coral reefs and wrecks like tanks from World War II. The fish and marine life are the most interesting to me. I have toured the ocean floor in a mini-submarine, touched EVERYTHING while skin-diving, chased EVERYTHING that caught my eye (but never caught up), explored the grottoes and coves, raced over the waters in a banana boat, jet ski, outrigger, catamaran, windsurf, airboat, speedboat… crashing many times (my scars have stories), and I got lost at sea…

Have any interesting points of interest to share, post them here or send me a message at myracmst@gmail.com.
Tahitian's say, "Araua 'e" which means "see you later!"

4 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I find your goals to travel quite interesting, for my mother has some of the same goals as you do. Along with africa, she wants to see brazil, costa rica, and recently she knocked off the Galapagos Islands. She is a biologist who used to do field research, now she is a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit Ireland, but I am grateful that I've had the opportunity to travel a great deal of the United States. One of the things my husband and I did was to sell almost everything we owned, by ourselves an RV and a truck (a horrible truck!lol), and travel as much of the US as we could. It was one of the best things I have ever done for myself, even if the trip was filled with foibles of truck drama. It would be interesting to hear about trips that you might take in your own backyard, even if they are across the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traveling...I love it! It is one of my goals to travel the world as well. I haven't had the luxury of going overseas yet, so I'm looking forward to learning about some new places from you. My next trip is to Puerto Rico then from there I can venture out a little bit. My father just had the luxury of going to Greece and China. I could see the depth of their history just in the pictures so I can only imagine being there. Are you going to post any pictures to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came very close to starting my own blog on your theme Myra. I love travel as well and hope to see as much of the world as I can afford. I would like to visit all 7 continents in my lifetime (yes even Antarctica -- I have known two people who have been there and it is absolutely breathtaking I hear). The Vatican is one of my top destinations as well due to all of the history. Italy and Greece are definitely the top two places I would like to visit in Europe. I would also like to safari as you said, visit Egypt, any middle-eastern ancient cities that I can feel some level of security in, all of Southeast Asia with the exception of Burma/Myanmar (due to its military dictatorship), most of South and Central America -- particularly ruin sites, several cities in China, Korea, the list goes on forever. And of course, I cannot forget what I consider my second home, Japan. I wish that I was Anthony Bourdain!

    ReplyDelete